This Statement sets out the policy of IP Global in connection with the collection and use of your personal data through this Website.
General Statement of Principle
IP Global respects the privacy of the users of this Website, and complies with its obligations under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486), the governing legislation in Hong Kong.
Kinds of Personal Data Held
There are two broad categories of personal data held by IP Global. They are personal data contained in:
- Customer files and records, which include records containing information supplied by visitors to our Website or otherwise voluntarily supplied to IP Global by clients or potential clients; and
- Other records, which include administration and operational files and personal data provided to IP Global in respect of promotional, operational and administrative activities (including the personal data of service suppliers to IP Global).
Purpose of Holding Your Personal Data
IP Global holds your personal data for the following purposes:
- Customer files and records are kept for the purpose of facilitating the provision of information to you about IP Global, including the range of property services and related activities offered to clients of IP Global; and
- Other records are kept for various purposes which vary according to the nature of the record, such as administration of office functions and activities, promotional and marketing activities, selection of service suppliers, and so forth.
How We Collect Personal Data
While browsing an internet site, collection of personal data without a user's express consent will occur. The services provided on this Website:
- do not use IP address (Internet Protocol Addresses) to collect information. However, IP addresses are stored in navigation information;
- use navigation data as aggregate data for statistical purposes only;
- do not use internet tags.
This Website applies the following policy to the active collection of personal data:
- E-Mail: Data received by e-mails sent to the Website are used to reply to requests in those e-mails and are then stored for statistical purposes.
- Mailing List: Names are included in mailing lists only if the express consent of the recipient has been obtained.
- Registration: Data received upon completion of on-line forms are used to reply to requests for services set out in those on-line forms.
Personal data is also collected by IP Global when it receives forms, applications, correspondence and other documents from its clients and other individuals.
How We Use Your Personal Data
IP Global may use your personal data to:
- provide you with information about IP Global including the range of property services and related activities offered to clients of IP Global;
- liaise with property developers and vendors and other service providers to IP Global (including agents, introducers, lawyers) in connection with property services provided to you;
- verify your identity;
- confirm payment details with banks or credit card companies;
- send you, upon your prior consent, information about other services provided by IP Global;
- liaise with government and regulatory authorities as required by law;
- protect and defend the rights of IP Global or other third parties, or to enforce the terms and conditions that apply to use of this site; and conduct other activities of IP Global required or permitted by law.
Who Can We Disclose Your Personal Data To?
Your personal data may be disclosed by IP Global to:
- other companies in the IP Global group;
- professional service providers to IP Global (such as agents, legal advisers, financial advisers, and other professionals);
- service providers to IP Global in connection with the maintenance and operation of this Website;
- government and regulatory authorities as required by law; and
- other persons who are under a duty of confidentiality to IP Global, or to lawful successors and assigns of IP Global.
Access to Your Personal Data
You have a right to:
- request access to your personal data;
- correct any errors in your personal data;
- upon payment of a reasonable fee, obtain a copy of your personal data; and
- upon written request, withdraw your consent to the use by IP Global of your personal data.
However, if you withdraw your consent, then IP Global may not be able to provide property services to you or to contact you.
Data Protection Officer
If you have queries concerning your personal data (including requesting access to, or correcting the details of, your personal data), you should contact:
The Data Privacy Officer
IP Global Limited
17th Floor, 88 Gloucester Road
Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
terms and conditions of use of the Website shall be governed by and
construed in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong and IP Global and the
Client irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts
in Hong Kong and waive any objection to any legal action or proceedings
in such Courts on the grounds of venue or on the grounds that the
proceedings have been brought in an inconvenient forum or on any other
IP Global is the trading name of IP Real Estate Investments Pte Ltd (License Number: L3010023I) which is licensed under the Estate Agents Act 2010 of Singapore.
You acknowledge that:
- (i) the information contained in this Website, IP Global emails and such other material issued in connection therewith (the “Content”) are for information purposes;
- the Content is provided on an “as is” basis and by way of a summary and we do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the Content ;
- the Content may be subject to the terms and conditions of other agreements to which we are a party;
- the Content does not constitute a solicitation or offer to invest in securities or collective investment schemes or other financial or investment concerns;
- the Content should not be regarded as advice on securities or collective investment schemes or other financial or investment concerns;
- the Content has not been authorised or approved by the Securities and Futures Commission of Hong Kong or any other regulatory body of competent authority whether in Hong Kong or elsewhere;
- the property market is volatile and illiquid and property prices and rental yields may fluctuate widely or be affected by a broad range of risk factors;
- all plans and specifications in the Content are intended as a guide only and are subject to such variations, modifications and amendments as may be required by the relevant authorities or the relevant developer’s consultants or architects;
- all renderings and illustrations in the Content are artists’ impressions only and all measurements are approximate subject to final survey and confirmation; and
- the Content is not intended for use by, or distribution to, any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such use or distribution would be contrary to law or regulation.
Accordingly, you assume all responsibility
and risk for reliance upon and the use of the Content and, we, our
agents, directors, officers, employees, representatives, successors, and
assigns expressly disclaim any and all responsibility for any direct or
consequential loss or damage of any kind whatsoever arising directly or
(i) the use of the Content
(ii) reliance on any information contained in the Content
(iii) any error, omission or inaccuracy in any such information including, without limitation, financial data, forecasts, analysis and trends, or
(iv) any action or non-performance resulting from the foregoing.
This exclusion clause shall take effect to the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws.
We and our representatives only work in relation to real estate located outside Hong Kong.
Neither IP Global nor its representatives is licensed under the Estate Agents Ordinance (Cap. 511 of the Laws of Hong Kong) to deal with Hong Kong real estate (nor are we required to be so licensed). Neither IP Global nor its representatives engages in regulated activities in Hong Kong such as dealing or advising on securities or providing asset management services. Therefore, neither IP Global nor its representatives are licensed under the Securities and Futures Ordinance (Cap. 571 of the Laws of Hong Kong).
Any statement contained in the Content is made on a general basis and we have not given any consideration to nor have we made any investigation of the investment objective, financial situation or particular need of any user or reader, any specific person or group of persons.
You are advised to make your own assessment of the relevance, accuracy and adequacy of the information contained in the Content. You should obtain independent professional advice before making an investment decision in relation to the Content. Investigations as may be necessary or appropriate for the purpose of such assessment including the investment risks involved. You should consult an appropriate professional advisor for legal, tax, accounting, or investment advice specific to your situation, as to whether any governmental or other consents are required or if any formalities should be observed for the purposes of making such investments as are mentioned in the Content. If you are unsure about the meaning of any of the information contained in the Content, please consult your financial or other professional advisor.
Third Party References
References to third party publications are provided for your information only. The content of these publications are issued by third parties. As such, we are not responsible for the accuracy of information contained in those publications, nor shall we be held liable for any loss or damage arising from or related to their use.
Win a VIP investment scout tour
Entry for the Competition
- The promoter is IP Global Ltd (Registered Company Number: 998503): the company’s registered office is at Harcourt House, 39 Gloucester Road, Suites 601-6, 6th Floor, Wan Chai, Hong Kong.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase is necessary to enter this competition.
- The details regarding entry for the competition can be found .
- The closing date for entry to the competition will be 15 November 2016. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- Entry is open globally except employees (and their families) of IP Global Limited, its suppliers, agents and distributors, the suppliers of the prizes and any other companies associated with the competitions.
- The competition is also not open to citizens or residents of the UAE.
- All entrants must be willing to provide full name and contact details and to have these details passed to the suppliers of the prizes.
- The entrant(s) must be aged 18 or over.
- Use of a false name or contact details including phone number, email address and postal address will result in disqualification.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- Proof of identity and age may be required.
- Flights are only bookable from the winners’ country of residence stated at the time of entry.
- Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed or corrupted, or due to computer error in transit.
- The winner(s) is (are) responsible for expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prizes, including any necessary travel documents, passports and visas. Prizes are subject to availability and the prize suppliers' terms and conditions.
- Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize.
- The Promoter is not responsible for entries lost, delayed or corrupted due to computer error in transit or not received by the Promoter for any other reason.
Rules of the Competition and Prizes
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the Promoter.
- The Promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition. In the event of a discrepancy between these standard terms and conditions and the details in the promotional material (or any other terms and conditions provided/referred to at the time of entry), the details of the promotional material (and any other terms and conditions provided/referred to at the time of entry) shall prevail.
- The prizes are as stated, are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- In the event of a prize being unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- Winners will be chosen by a panel of judges from within IP Global Ltd.
- The decision of the judges is final based on the criteria set out in the promotion and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision. Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date.
Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner. If the winner, having been contacted, does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and to offer the prize to the runner(s)-up selected by the same judges.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The winner(s) agree(s) to the use of their name, photograph and disclosure of county of residence and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by IP Global Limited relating to any post-winning publicity.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by Hong Kong law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Hong Kong.