General Statement of Principle
This Privacy Statement applies to the use and processing of personal information collected and used by the IP Global Group.
Personal information is information, or any combination of separate pieces of information, that could be used to identify you.
Should you have any queries in respect of this statement or our use of personal data, please contact IP GLOBAL Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
There are two broad categories of personal data held by IP Global. They are personal data contained in:
- Customer files and records, which include records containing information supplied by visitors to our Website or otherwise voluntarily supplied to IP Global by clients or potential clients; and
- Other records, which include administration and operational files and personal data provided to IP Global in respect of promotional, operational and administrative activities (including the personal data of service suppliers to IP Global).
Purpose of Holding Your Personal Data
IP Global holds your personal data for the following purposes:
- Customer files and records are kept for the purpose of facilitating the provision of information to you about IP Global, including the range of property services and related activities offered to clients of IP Global; and
- Other records are kept for various purposes which vary according to the nature of the record, such as administration of office functions and activities, promotional and marketing activities, selection of service suppliers, and so forth.
How We Collect Personal Data
While browsing an internet site, collection of personal data without a user’s express consent will occur. The services provided on this Website:
- Do not use IP address (Internet Protocol Addresses) to collect information. However, IP addresses are stored in navigation information;
- Use navigation data as aggregate data for statistical purposes only;
- Do not use internet tags.
This Website applies the following policy to the active collection of personal data:
- E-Mail: Data received by e-mails sent to the Website are used to reply to requests in those e-mails and are then stored for statistical purposes.
- Mailing List: Names are included in mailing lists only if the express consent of the recipient has been obtained.
- Registration: Data received upon completion of on-line forms are used to reply to requests for services set out in those on-line forms.
Personal data is also collected by IP Global when it receives forms, applications, correspondence and other documents from its clients and other individuals.
How We Use Your Personal Data
IP Global may use your personal data to:
- Provide you with information about IP Global including the range of property services and related activities offered to clients of IP Global;
- Liaise with property developers and vendors and other service providers to IP Global (including agents, introducers, lawyers) in connection with property services provided to you;
- Verify your identity;
- Develop new products and services
- Confirm payment details with banks or credit card companies;
- Send you, upon your prior consent, information about other services provided by IP Global;
- Liaise with government and regulatory authorities as required by law;
- Protect and defend the rights of IP Global or other third parties, or to enforce the terms and conditions that apply to use of this site; and conduct other activities of IP Global required or permitted by law.
Who Can We Disclose Your Personal Data To?
Your personal data may be disclosed by IP Global to:
- Other companies in the IP Global group;
- Professional service providers to IP Global (such as agents, legal advisers, financial advisers, and other professionals);
- Service providers to IP Global in connection with the maintenance and operation of this Website;
- Government and regulatory authorities as required by law; and
- Other persons who are under a duty of confidentiality to IP Global, or to lawful successors and assigns of IP Global.
Access to Your Personal Data
You have a number of rights in relation to the information that we hold about you. These rights include:
- The right to access the information we hold about you and to obtain information about how we process it;
- In some circumstances, the right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your information, which you can do at any time. We may continue to process your information if we have another legitimate reason for doing so;
- In some circumstances, the right to receive the information you have provided to us in an electronic format and/or request that we transmit it to a third party;
- The right to request that we rectify your information if it’s inaccurate or incomplete;
- In some circumstances, the right to request that we erase your information. We may continue to retain your information if we’re entitled or required to retain it;
- The right to object to, and to request that we restrict, our processing of your information in some circumstances. Again, there may be situations where you object to or ask us to restrict, our processing of your information, but we’re entitled to continue processing your information and/or to refuse that request.
You can exercise your rights by contacting us using the email “firstname.lastname@example.org”. You also have a right to complain to the data protection regulator in the country where you live or work. For the United Kingdom this is the information commissioner’s Office, which you can contact by visiting https://ico.org.uk
However, if you withdraw your consent, then IP Global may not be able to provide property services to you or to contact you.
We may transfer the personal information we collect about you to recipients in countries other than the country in which the information originally was collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. When we transfer your information to recipients in other countries: (i) we will perform those transfers in accordance with the requirements of applicable law; and (ii) we will protect the transferred personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
We have implemented a General Data Transfer Agreement, procedures and controls to help ensure that personal information is protected no matter what country it is stored in or transferred to.
Our Sites are not directed to children under the age of fifteen and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of fifteen on our Sites.
Data Protection Officer
If you have queries concerning your personal data (including requesting access to or correcting the details of, your personal data), you should contact:
The Data Protection Officer
IP Global Limited
1001-03, 10th Floor, Harcourt House,
39 Gloucester Road
Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The terms and conditions of use of the Website shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong and IP Global and the Client irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts in Hong Kong and waive any objection to any legal action or proceedings in such Courts on the grounds of venue or on the grounds that the proceedings have been brought in an inconvenient forum or on any other grounds whatsoever.
You acknowledge that:
- The information contained in this Website, IP Global emails and such other material issued in connection therewith (the “Content”) are for information purposes;
- The Content is provided on an “as is” basis and by way of a summary and we do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the Content ;
- The Content may be subject to the terms and conditions of other agreements to which we are a party;
- The Content does not constitute a solicitation or offer to invest in securities or collective investment schemes or other financial or investment concerns;
- The Content should not be regarded as advice on securities or collective investment schemes or other financial or investment concerns;
- The Content has not been authorised or approved by the Securities and Futures Commission of Hong Kong or any other regulatory body of competent authority whether in Hong Kong or elsewhere;
- The property market is volatile and illiquid and property prices and rental yields may fluctuate widely or be affected by a broad range of risk factors;
- All plans and specifications in the Content are intended as a guide only and are subject to such variations, modifications and amendments as may be required by the relevant authorities or the relevant developer’s consultants or architects;
- All renderings and illustrations in the Content are artists’ impressions only and all measurements are approximate subject to final survey and confirmation; and
- The Content is not intended for use by, or distribution to, any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such use or distribution would be contrary to law or regulation.
Accordingly, you assume all responsibility and risk for reliance upon and the use of the Content and, we, our agents, directors, officers, employees, representatives, successors, and assigns expressly disclaim any and all responsibility for any direct or consequential loss or damage of any kind whatsoever arising directly or indirectly from:
(i) The use of the Content
(ii) Reliance on any information contained in the Content
(iii) Any error, omission or inaccuracy in any such information including, without limitation, financial data, forecasts, analysis and trends, or
(iv) Any action or non-performance resulting from the foregoing.
This exclusion clause shall take effect to the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws.
We and our representatives only work in relation to real estate located outside Hong Kong.
Neither IP Global nor its representatives are licensed under the Estate Agents Ordinance (Cap. 511 of the Laws of Hong Kong) to deal with Hong Kong real estate (nor are we required to be so licensed). Neither IP Global nor its representatives hold them out to perform any regulated activities in Hong Kong under the corporate brand of IP Global such as advising on dealing or advising on securities or providing asset management services or any other incidental regulated activities. In case IP Global representatives are assigned to perform business activities that might trigger licensing requirement, they will do so under the regulated license(s) of IP Global’s affiliates granted under the Securities and Futures Commission and/or other regulators in Hong Kong or elsewhere. Under such circumstances, they will operate under the ambit of the Securities and Futures Ordinance (Cap. 571 of the Laws of Hong Kong) and apply relevant license(s) accordingly to perform those regulated activities on a legitimate basis.
In Singapore IP Global is the trading name of IP Real Estate Investments Pte Ltd (License Number: L3010023I) which is licensed under the Estate Agents Act 2010 of Singapore.
Any statement contained in the Content is made on a general basis and we have not given any consideration to nor have we made any investigation of the investment objective, financial situation or particular need of any user or reader, any specific person or group of persons.
You are advised to make your own assessment of the relevance, accuracy, and adequacy of the information contained in the Content. You should obtain independent professional advice before making an investment decision in relation to the Content. Investigations as may be necessary or appropriate for the purpose of such assessment including the investment risks involved. You should consult an appropriate professional advisor for legal, tax, accounting, or investment advice specific to your situation, as to whether any governmental or other consents are required or if any formalities should be observed for the purposes of making such investments as are mentioned in the Content. If you are unsure about the meaning of any of the information contained in the Content, please consult your financial or other professional advisors.
Third Party References
References to third-party publications are provided for your information only. The content of these publications is issued by third parties. As such, we are not responsible for the accuracy of information contained in those publications, nor shall we be held liable for any loss or damage arising from or related to their use.